Kathleen Peterson was found dead at the bottom of a staircase in her home on December 9, 2001. Her husband, Michael Peterson, was tried, submitted an Alford plea, and has served his debt to society. He is a free man, but in the eyes of the law, he is a convicted felon. You can watch his story in the Netflix Documentary, the Staircase. Larry presented to the defense team towards the end of his trial that an owl may have been involved in Mrs. Peterson's death, but unfortunately, there was not enough time to change the defense's arguments. It was too late. Now that Netflix has produced a documentary about Mr. Peterson's murder trial, Larry believes that the public needs to see the evidence for themselves and realize that Michael Peterson is an innocent man.
This trial was no doubt full of twists and turns, but when you boil it all down, it comes down to only 3 things. None of the other "evidence" matters.
- Focus on the wounds - The most important thing about this death, is HOW Kathleen Peterson died.
- Blood trail was backwards - The investigators got the blood trail all wrong! If you have ever been hunting, you will understand this and realize the authorities got it backwards.
- Backed up by State evidence - All of my proof is verifiable and backed up by the crime scene videos, scientific treatises and photographs and expert affidavits.
WHY I'M INVOLVED
- Mr. Peterson was my neighbor. I know the area where he lived very well, and I feel an obligation to bring the truth to light.
- It was obvious to me that there was something missing in the State's case. At minimum, it was a rush to judgment. At worse, it was a persecution than a prosecution.
- If we can prove that the wounds were caused by an owl, Mr. Peterson will automatically be innocent.
- The spotlight that Netflix has put on the case has made it clear to me that this is the appropriate time to make the true facts of the Owl Theory available to the public.